[blfs-support] initramfs BLFS-BOOK-7.7 Chapter 5 - Easy Choice

Wayne Sallee Wayne at WayneSallee.com
Thu Oct 22 06:34:29 PDT 2015

On 10/10/2015 01:41 PM, Ken Moffat wrote:
> ISTR that you also have to update the initramfs/initrd every time
> you build a new kernel.  For some of us, new kernels are a frequent
> occurrence;-)
>
> ĸen

Updating the initramfs/initrd with every kernel build is something that I am used to doing on my current Mandriva
2010.2. I've been building my own kernels for a long time now.

So I will go ahead and install the initramfs, and later do some kernel builds with initramfs, and some without.

Wayne Sallee
Wayne at WayneSallee.com