[blfs-support] Stunnel BLFS 7.7 Boot error

Marcos Pansani marcos_pansani at yahoo.com.br
Fri Jul 17 14:10:04 PDT 2015

Thank you all.

 I will disable the boot stunnel, installed because I thought it was important
 for a book program to use it.

 hug

 Marcos
      De: Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com>
 Para: BLFS Support List <blfs-support at lists.linuxfromscratch.org>
 Enviadas: Sexta-feira, 17 de Julho de 2015 12:57
 Assunto: Re: [blfs-support] Stunnel BLFS 7.7 Boot error

Armin K. wrote:
> On 16.07.2015 00:31, Marcos Pansani wrote:
>> Hello guys,
>>
>>  I am in the BLFS 7.7 construction process is going well.
>>
>>  But after building the package Stunell 5:10, I boot the system to see if it's okay.
>>
>>  But this giving an error message in stunnel service. The message this this way:
>> Starting the Stunnel Daemon...[ ] Clients allowed=500[.] stunnel 5.10 on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu plataform[.] Compiled/running with OpenSSL 1.0.2 22 Jan 2015[.] Threading:PTHREAD Sockets:POLL,IPv6 TLS:ENGINE,FIPS,OCSP,PSK,SNI[ ] errno: (*__errno_ocation ())[.] Reading configuration from file /etc/stunnel/stunnel.conf[.] FIPS mode disabled[ ] ompression disabled[ ] PRNG seed successfully[ ] Initializing inetd mode configuration[!] Service [stunnel]: Inetd mode must define one endpoint*******
>>
>>  From what I noticed, is a configuration error, but do not know how to solve, does anyone have any tips on how to set?
>> Well provalvel the error that is related to what it says in the book "
>> If you use stunnel to encrypt a daemon started from [x]inetd, you may need to disable that daemon in the /etc/[x]inetd.conf file and enable a corresponding <service>_stunnel service. You may have to add an appropriate entry in /etc/services as well. "
>>    But I did not understand what should I do ...

> You didn't configure any service to be started by stunnel.
>
> Do you have any system service that can only be accessed
> through unsecure connection (telnet, rlogin, etc) that
> you need to secure through stunnel? If not, then you probably
> don't need stunnel at all.

I agree.  stunnel is a relatively old application that is only useful in
some rare instances.  Usually if you want to access a system securely or
penetrate a firewall securely you can use port forwarding via ssh.

  -- Bruce