[blfs-support] Are BLFS and CLFS compatible?

Hazel Russman hazeldebian at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 14 03:42:33 PDT 2015

On Mon, 13 Jul 2015 22:02:02 -0700
Nathan Coulson <conathan at gmail.com> wrote:
> > FAQ: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/faq.html
>
> ah, well a single arch most of my potential problems are no more
> (won't "just" work 100% of the time, but you could probably make blfs
> work in most cases and google around for when it doesn't).
>
> I do love those EeePC's, wonderful pc's.
>
> If I can ask,  what drew you to clfs for a single arch build?  (not
> arguing against it, but lfs does compile for 32bit.  If that is what
> you want to use anyway, could make your blfs packages easier).
> Nathan Coulson (conathan)

Well, I don't have all that much choice. All the systems on my main computer are 64-bit, so if I am going to build a 32-bit system there, it has to be clfs. I have Mint Quiana on the laptop (it runs painfully slow!), so in theory I could build a 32-bit lfs locally but I suspect that this distro would be a poor build host in terms of supporting the LFS requirements.

In any case, I like the challenge of doing something new and I haven't done a clfs build before.