[blfs-support] Are BLFS and CLFS compatible?

Hazel Russman hazeldebian at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 12 08:01:08 PDT 2015

I have recently bought a second-hand laptop and would like to build
a CLFS for it. I have done several LFS builds but this would be my
first time with CLFS. If I succeed, can I upgrade to a working Linux
system by using packages from BLFS? I am aware that CLFS is very much
behind LFS/BLFS in terms of the software that it uses. Would the BLFS
packages build correctly with this tool chain and would they link
correctly to the older libc?

Or would it be better to use the built CLFS purely to bootstrap LFS-7.7 and continue from there?