[blfs-support] mupdf

LM lmemsm at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 04:25:36 PDT 2015

I noticed the BLFS entry for mupdf listed version 1.7 so I decided to
update to it (from 1.6).  One nice new feature of 1.7 is epub support.
However, when I tried to test out support in the new version, the epub
file wouldn't load.  When I started searching to see if anyone had a
work-around, I found out that version 1.7a is available (
http://mupdf.com/news ).  It does fix the epub issue.  Also, there's a
later version of jbig2dec (
http://www.ghostscript.com/jbig2dec.html
 ), version 0.12, at http://downloads.ghostscript.com/public/jbig2dec/
if anyone's interested in updating to it.  It's a later version than
the one at Sourceforge.  The inconsolation wiki mentioned the pdftxt
utility ( http://litcave.rudi.ir/ ) which uses the mupdf library to
extract text from pdf (for use with grep, etc.).  Seems to work nicely
with mupdf.  It's one of the few PDF utilities I've run across so far
that uses mupdf instead of poppler.

Sincerely,
Laura
http://www.distasis.com/cpp