[blfs-support] LibreOffice-3.6 for 7.2

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Fri Jul 3 03:40:44 PDT 2015

On Thu, 2015-07-02 at 14:55 -0700, Paul Rogers wrote:
> So presumably nothing is going to use those as named and they ALL
> should be symlinked?

If LO is the only thing using them, yeah, probably.

But personally, I find the idea of "installing" java libraries under
/usr a bit odd. Java-based apps tend to either bundle all the libraries
they need, or when building from source, download them on-demand from
the Maven repos. The idea of putting them in shared locations is a bit
alien in the Java world...

As such, if I was building LO, I'd just drop the jars into whatever
location the LO build expects, instead of putting them under /usr and
adding symlinks and stuff. I can't imagine much actually uses them
there. But then, LO is a bit weird like that...

Simon.