[blfs-support] Innocent question

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 09:43:02 PDT 2014

alex lupu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Has it become de rigueur to PS (so to speak) your post with
>
> Do not top post on this list.

   [deleted]

> Might it even become mandatory any time soon?
>   or
> This directive is in effect only until the last subscriber gets the point?
>
> I know it appears to flesh out the post's "main" text but still ...

I only added that to the footer for lfs-support, not blfs-support.  It's
there because new users don't appear to know what is considered polite
on these lists.

Sometimes I add it on other lists to specific users.

Top posting is OK for one-to-one communications, but not appropriate for
mailing lists where there can be many posters to a thread.

Another item I wish more posters would do is trim their messages to the
relevant portions of the parent message.

   -- Bruce