[blfs-support] Wireless device shows in lspci but iwlwifi does not load

Michael Healy horsemanoffaith at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 14:30:57 PDT 2014

    When I boot into the system as the root user, lspci -v shows my
Intel wireless card, but iwlwifi does not show as being loaded by the
kernel. When I use ip link, my interface designator, wlp9s0, does not
show up. My wired interface, a RealTek controller, shows up with the
correct driver loaded as well as the correct interface designator. I
have re-compiled the kernel, making sure that iwlwifi support is
selected in my kernel config. I have also downloaded and installed the
firmware for my Intel chip. Can anyone help me, please?

Mike