[blfs-support] Firefox issues

Alan Feuerbacher alanf00 at comcast.net
Sat Sep 27 06:21:54 PDT 2014

On 9/27/2014 1:14 AM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Alan Feuerbacher wrote:
>> On 9/26/2014 8:57 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>
>>> Also why do you want to add the dev environment?  I suspect it is a lot
>>> of extra space and time.  Are you going to modify the ff source?
>>
>> I have no clue why or why not I ought to add it. That's why I'm asking.
>> My motive in asking is to leave no stone unturned in trying to
>> understand what the BLFS book is telling you to do.
>
> If you don't know, then you don't need it.

I disagree. The most that can be said is that I simply don't know.

My experience in nearly forty years of technical learning (I design
microchips for a living) is that when you come upon anything new, it
often pays big dividends to learn what it's about. Then you can decide
whether it's worth your time or not.

So it is with my sojourn of 3+ years through LFS land. I've learned a
hell of a lot by exploring paths that initially I had no clue about.
After all, isn't that the purpose of the LFS project?

Alan