[blfs-support] libvdpau-0.8 compilation error

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 00:18:55 PDT 2014

Reply on list.  Do not top post.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

Sainadh J wrote:

> On Saturday, 27 September 2014 11:47 AM, Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sainadh J wrote:

>> hi,
>> iam new to this mailing list,i found a unknown error i.e
>> checking dynamic linker characteristics... (cached) GNU/Linux ld.so
>> checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate
>> checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
>> checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
>> checking for X11... no
>> configure: error: Package requirements (x11) were not met:
>>
>> No package 'x11' found
>
> Did you install opt in /opt?  If so, do you have PKG_CONFIG_PATH set as
> described in the intro to Xorg?  LIBRARY_PATH? C_INCLUDE_PATH?
> CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH?

 > i just created file which is described BLFS book i.e
 > cat >> /etc/profile.d/xorg.sh << "EOF" pathappend $XORG_PREFIX/bin
           PATH
 > pathappend $XORG_PREFIX/lib/pkgconfig   PKG_CONFIG_PATH
 > pathappend $XORG_PREFIX/share/pkgconfig PKG_CONFIG_PATH pathappend
$XORG_PREFIX/lib             LIBRARY_PATH
 > pathappend $XORG_PREFIX/include         C_INCLUDE_PATH
 > pathappend $XORG_PREFIX/include         CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH
ACLOCAL='aclocal -I $XORG_PREFIX/share/aclocal' export PATH
PKG_CONFIG_PATH ACLOCAL LIBRARY_PATH C_INCLUDE_PATH CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH
 > EOF
 >
 > i set my  XORG_PREFIX=/usr/X11
 >
 > sorry i didn't install opt and i don't know how to install.

Well the book says "The common installation prefix for Xorg on Linux is
/usr", not /usr/X11,  Since you used /usr/X11, then it is in an
alternate location.  To use /opt,  you would have only needed to change
XORG_PREFIX to /opt/xorg but don't try that now.

In any case, what are the actual contents of /etc/profile.d/xorg.sh?
You should have lines like

pathappend /usr/X11/lib/pkgconfig   PKG_CONFIG_PATH

If not, then $XORG_PREFIX needs to be defined in /etc/profile.d/xorg.sh.

What is the output of

echo $PATH
echo $LIBRARY_PATH
echo $C_INCLUDE_PATH