[blfs-support] Samba Install Fails

Alan Feuerbacher alanf00 at comcast.net
Sat Sep 20 10:39:28 PDT 2014

Trying to install Samba-4.1.11 per the BLFS book (systemd edition) -
Version 2014-09-19.

Everything seemed to work fine up to the line:

make install

This spit out a pile of information like this:

#########
WAF_MAKE=1 python .buildtools/bin/waf install
Waf: Entering directory '/sources/samba-4.1.11/bin'
. . .
WafError: Cannot creat folder 'var/lock/samba' (original error: [Errno
2] No such file or directory: '/var/lock/samba')

I have not been able to find any online information about this error,
although I haven't spent a great deal of time on it.

Any suggestion on how to get past this?

Alan