[blfs-support] systemd[1]: Unit kdm.service entered failed state SOLVED

Dr.-Ing. Edgar Alwers edgaralwers at gmx.de
Wed Sep 10 05:49:06 PDT 2014

> If everything else fails, you can purge /opt/kde and start over, hoping
> you don't hit the same issue again.

 Well, I cannot say exactly what was the matter, but I rebuild and reinstalled
Linux-PAM and especially Shadow with all the configurations according to the
book and the problem was gone.

However: I need a little help. I get now a new short message after loging in,
"Warning: Cannot open ConsoleKit session:
Unable to open session: Unit console-kit-daemon.service failed to load. No
such file or directory."

Unfortunately, I had already build consoleKit before. The daemon does not
seems to be running, according to the  "strg-esc" list. But if I try to
uninstall consolekit, the kdm-process does not run anymore, I only get the
login and password promts.

I think, I do not need to care very much about, is this correct ? But anyhow,
I would like to supress the nasty  warning message. Any hints how can I
perform this ?

Thank you very much
Edgar
--