[blfs-support] Fw: mouse and keyboard dead when run startx on xorg windows

Pierre Labastie pierre.labastie at neuf.fr
Mon Oct 27 09:42:22 PDT 2014

Le 27/10/2014 16:23, Sainadh J a écrit :

> I am not successful to build xorg windows correctly "I stuck on mouse
> and keyboard is not worked", I build LFS/BLFS 7.6 on VMware
> workstation,  I think that problem present in VMware workstation
> because mouse pointer is visible on xorg windows but can't move
> forword I tried everything and search in google but I can't find
> solution for my problem.so I decide to do a fresh installation of my
> LFS/BLFS 7.6 from starting position so friends kindly please give me a
> valuble suggestion which virtual machine is best for to build LFS/BLFS
> 7.6 and other suggestions will be appreciate. Thanks in advance.
Hi,

I use qemu, with the following (maybe redundant) switches:
/usr/bin/qemu-system-x86_64 \
-monitor stdio \
-smp 4 \
-cpu Nehalem \
-soundhw ac97 \
-enable-kvm \
-m 4099 \
-drive file=/mnt/virtualMachines/qemu/fedora.qcow2,cache=writeback \
-cdrom /mnt/virtualMachines/Fedora-20-x86_64-netinst.iso \
-boot order=c,once=d,menu=on \
-net nic,vlan=0,model=e1000 -net user,vlan=0 \
-vga std \
-name "Fedora 20" $*

This is for fedora. Change the distro to your liking and use the
downloaded iso for option "-cdrom".

The file /mnt/virtualMachines/qemu/fedora.qcow2 is created with:
qemu-img create -f qcow2 /mnt/virtualMachines/qemu/fedora.qcow2 50G

50G is the size in bytes. You can also reuse your VMware disk, I think
qemu is able to understand their format.
Pierre