[blfs-support] Problem solved with Akonadi

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Sun Oct 19 17:47:22 PDT 2014

Reporting FWIW. It may be obvious, but for an almost first time runner
of KDE

For some reasons, I could not start "Personal Informations (PI)" That
was annoying. Since I started Linux with Gnome, I thought most things
are more or less alike, editor, terminal, etc, in different DE.

One thing, apart from not needing systemd, I always found irreplaceable,
in KDE: KAlarm. But it is in the PI and this needs Akonadi running, but
it insistently refused.

Log error I had is attached.

My configuration was looking for MySql (MariaDB), but I wanted Sqlite3:

$ cat /home/fernando/.config/akonadi/akonadiserverrc.orig
[%General]
Driver=QMYSQL

[QMYSQL]
Name=akonadi
Host=
Options="UNIX_SOCKET=/tmp/akonadi-fernando.w30yNG/mysql.socket"
ServerPath=/usr/sbin/mysqld
StartServer=true
$ cat /home/fernando/.config/akonadi/akonadiserverrc
[%General]
Driver=QSQLITE3

So, I changed to Sqlite3, and all is good now. I will restart using
LXDE, but now I will have what I much missed in (B)LFS: KAlarm (haven't
tested yet, but will soon).

Notice below that s:/usr/sbin/mysqld:/usr/bin/sqlite3:

[QSQLITE3]
Name=akonadi
Host=
Options="UNIX_SOCKET=/tmp/akonadi-fernando.w30yNG/sqlite3.socket"
ServerPath=/usr/bin/sqlite3
StartServer=true

[Debug]
Tracer=null