[blfs-support] gpm and two-button mice ?

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Wed Oct 15 11:28:47 PDT 2014

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 10:32:47PM -0500, Dan McGhee wrote:

> On Oct 14, 2014, at 9:52 PM, Ken Moffat <zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com> wrote:
>

> The only trackpad I’ve used is on the iMac that I bought six days ago.  I don’t know if they all work the same or not.  All I have to do is depress the pad with one finger and drag.  That’s obviously analogous to “left click and drag.” Right click is two fingers and depress the pad.  I wonder if “SHIFT-one finger drag (and maybe depress the pad) would work to select.  Then the “right click” analogue to paste.  This is outside of X.

 We might be talking about different things.  This is a netbook, it
has a pad which works like a mouse plus two buttons (or keys).  When
I added the Emulate3Buttons option to the pointer section of my
evdev.conf it made no difference, I had to add it to the touchpad
section.

 But I'm happy to leave mac hardware to you ;-)

ĸen