[blfs-support] Made an Error in Preparing to Build NFS-Utils

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Tue Oct 14 01:35:24 PDT 2014

On Sun, 2014-10-12 at 23:37 +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:
>  You _could_ get the bootscript tarballs referenced in those two
> versions, untar them somewhere, and then diff the two trees to see
> what has changed.  If you put the output from diff into a file, and
> you have got vim set up nicely, you can use 'view' on that file to
> get nicely coloured changes.

Better yet, no need to put them into a file. Just pipe the diff command
straight to vim, passing a flag for stdin.

diff -Naur directory1 directory2 | vim -R -

In theory I should be able to replace "vim -R" with "view", but I don't
get syntax highlighting in "view"... I assume that's the "set up nicely"
you refer to.

Simon.