[blfs-support] Problem playing videos

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Mon Jun 30 08:32:45 PDT 2014

Em 29-06-2014 18:59, Fernando de Oliveira escreveu:
> Em 26-06-2014 16:19, Fernando de Oliveira escreveu:
>
> I've done many investigations, all confirm I have a problem:
>
> mplayer-1.1.1 cannot play using vdpau or xv, but plays with driver
> "OpenGL no software rendering".
>
> VLC: good with OpenGL GLX (XCB)
>
> gstreamer-1.2.4:
> plays:
> gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc ! ximagesink
>
> does not play:
>
> gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc ! xvimagesink
>
> Something is making xv to fail (libxv, but I think it is not the
> library, but perhaps something else?). Still don't know how to debug
> these things.
>
> Progress is very very slow.

I think what I am getting is what is supposed to be. Something has been
modified. In my "physical" machine, I have "old" X, VLC-2.1.3, all is good.

I have tried *buntu, Fedora, ArchLinux, behavior is the same as my
supposed problem in the dev machine.

One big problem, though: parole has no way of displaying image of the
video, only sound. I have confirmed that in Xubuntu.

I will stop with this and come back to the book.

--
[]s,
Fernando