[blfs-support] Problem playing videos

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Thu Jun 26 12:19:41 PDT 2014

Em 25-06-2014 20:35, Fernando de Oliveira escreveu:
> Em 25-06-2014 13:44, Fernando de Oliveira escreveu:
>
> Reinstalled Xorg up to Drivers.

And did it again, from Mesa on, to change the configure options.

> VLC can play video again. I needed to choose Tools -> Preferences ->
> Video -> Output -> OpenGL GLX (XCB) (was in Automatic).

Other choices sometimes work, but do not give full-screen. Only one
still image of the video, with a small square were vlc was playing the
video in the original small size.

> Tomorrow, will tests gst, I'm quite sure will fail again.

Failed again, as I expected.

Funny:

Play a video with vlc, change to full-scree, restore back to first
window size, close.

Now launch with gst. When I move around the window, the black color
starts to change to the last image of full-screen vlc, and when I reach
the point where vlc was before closing, gst starts displaying the video
with the window size, if I succeed to centre gst window and video,
moveing off, to original window place, it gets back to black (sound is
good, always playing). It is as if the video images and the gst window
could not align by themselves.

>> If I do not try to run videos, session exits without problem.

I am trying to solve this problem, that is the reason I have not been
taking tickets. Sorry for that. And thank you very much, Igor, perfect
timing.

I am thinking about two alternatives (very similar).

1. Reinstalling all graphics related packages in this system (however,
static images are ok).

2. Dumping the system and starting a new one.

--
[]s,
Fernando