[blfs-support] Problem playing videos

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Wed Jun 25 04:33:54 PDT 2014

I spent a lot of time yesterday with my dev machine.

ĸen, you're not the only one with video problems. :-(

For some reason, I cannot play videos with gst or vlc.

I cannot tell when they stopped being played, as was not testing
everyday, and did yesterday, to test a file converted by the new ffmpeg
I am working on to update.

However, if I use vlc via ssh, videos plays fine.

Videos can be played with Firefox.

Glxgears works fine.

I have DRI3:

$ glxinfo | egrep "(OpenGL vendor|OpenGL renderer|OpenGL version)"
OpenGL vendor string: VMware, Inc.
OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on SVGA3D; build: RELEASE;
OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 10.2.1

I intend to reinstall xorg, probably with the new Mesa.

Any help would be much appreciated.

--
[]s,
Fernando