[blfs-support] xulrunner wont compile

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Thu Sep 26 10:49:27 PDT 2013

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 05:34:36PM +0100, lux-integ wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 September 2013 20:46:05 lux-integ wrote:
> > /JARSignatureVerification.cpp:592:76
>
> I suspect this might  have something to do the oldish versions of libnss and
> linnspr  so:0
>

> Does anyone know if it unsafe to  have multiple versions of nspr and nss
> installed?  In otherwords is/are  yanking out the old versions of the said
> required before upgrading to  new versions.?
>
> thanks in advance
> luxInteg

 I always install the newer versions over the top of the old ones.
Unusually, these two only ever install unversioned .so files, e.g.
libnspr4.so, libnss3.so, so in practice you cannot have multiple
versions if they are all in /usr/lib.  Doing this *does* bring
firefox down if it is running, and will probably do the same to
anything else using nss, nspr such as other browsers.

 Similarly, I have installed newer versions of sqlite3, libpng, and
even libvpx (1.1.0 was needed at one time when some of my systems
were on 0.9) without problems.  Arguably that is messy (I leave old
versions in place), but it doesn't usually take a critical amount of
space [ unlike the old firefox directories, which I have sometimes
had to delete to free up space on old small systems after several
firefox version upgrades ].

 The only one that bit me was libturbojpeg when jpegsrc.v8 was
already installed : the libjpeg.so.8 symlink for turbo was to
8.0.2 last time I looked, recent jpegsrc had provided a higher
8.0.xx and every time ldconfig was run it remade the .so symlink to
the "later" version which was actually older.

ĸen