[blfs-support] Cannot Print document using HP Printer

Sirsendu Roy xairoy at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 8 11:24:40 PDT 2013

Thanks for the reply.
I think I made a step forward after having written you the mail. I have uninstalled hplip, and then started the web interface for cups again.

This time cups automatically detected the printer ( I have a HP Deskjet 1050 All in One). But the guteprint package has no driver for this model. The gute print has HP Deskjet 1100 driver. So I have chosen this and then added the printer. Now when I tried to print a test page, first it says "job submitted" and then after a while job finished. But nothing got printed.

I gave already installed ghostscript as per the instructions in the BLFS page.

Do you think is it because of the driver that it does not print?

Thanks.
Regards,
Roy