[blfs-support] ICU

Nicholas McCurdy mindwarpstudios at aim.com
Fri Mar 22 03:19:30 PDT 2013

>I didn't modify any flags... but, since I sent that last message, I ran a comparison compile on
>another machine (ubuntu 12:04) and (as expected) the same source came up clean.  The
>notable difference I saw during compile was the stated compiation engine...  clang / clang++
>on LFS/BLFS (LLVM was installed with CLANG as an optional dependency for MesaLib) vs GCC / G++
>on the unbutu machine.

>I'm unsure of how to force ICU ./configure to utilze GCC / G++ to verify the hypothesis...  any suggestions?

UPDATE:
I have since tried setting the CC, CXX Etc. flags to point to the appropriate /usr/bin/i686-pc-linux-gnu-g* files
without any change in behavior following make clean && ./configure && make.

I'm willing to poke around in the Makefiles, but it's been a VERY long time since I last perfoemed any makefile
magic, and would appreciate a pointer or two.

Nicholas McCurdy
mindwarpstudios at aim.com