[blfs-support] mpg123 Failed to open module alsa: file not found

Sven Bartscher svenbartscher at yahoo.de
Wed Mar 20 07:18:24 PDT 2013

I installed mpg123 and alsa-lib now i want to hear music and type the
command:
$ mpg123 <some cool tune>.mp3
i get the following error:
[module.c:142] error: Failed to open module alsa: file not found
[module.c:142] error: Failed to open module oss: file not found
[audio.c:180] error: Unable to find a working output module in this
list: alsa,oss
[audio.c:532] error: Failed to open audio output module
[mpg123.c:897] error: Failed to initialize output, goodbye.
i already googled for this problem and found a lot of people who had the
same problem, but the solutions never worked for me.
So i already tried:
do the same command as root
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib:/usr/lib/mpg123 (maybe on this solution
i did something wrong)
i experimented a little bit on my own and tried to compile it with the
option --with-module-suffix=.so but i get the same error.
i hope someone can help me
with hopefull regards
Sven