[blfs-support] vlc as a uPnP client ?

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Wed Aug 28 14:04:04 PDT 2013

 Is anyone here using vlc as a uPnP client ?

 I've got a WD MyBookLive! (it runs Twonky mediaserver on debian
ppc) and I almost got vlc working as a client a few weeks ago, and
my LFS-7.4 system is now at the same stage.  Iptables lets through
all packets from the MyBookLive!, and vlc can find the Twonky server
and choose something to play.  Any album art shows up in vlc, but
after one or two seconds it always stops playing and the contents of
the twonky server disappear.

 Askng here just in case, before I get round to registering for the
vlc forum.

ĸen