[blfs-support] Don't have sound

Matt Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Aug 13 15:14:11 PDT 2013

On Tue, 2013-08-13 at 16:55 -0500, Dave Wagler wrote:
> My sound hardware is Realtek ACL892. The speakers are in an HDMI
> monitor. I have installed alsa-utils and xfce4-mixer.

No idea if this will work, but it might be worth a shot.  In the kernel
config go to:

-> Device Drivers
  -> Sound card support (SOUND
    -> Advanced Linux Sound Architecture
      -> PCI sound devices
        -> Intel HD Audio
          -> Build Realtek HD-audio codec support

Grepping the source (sound/pci/hda/patch_realtek.c) suggests that
supports the following codecs: ALC861, ALC880, ALC882, ALC885, ALC888,
ALC889.

Admittedly, it doesn't support ALC892 but it may be close enough that
your hardware will at least output something.

Regards,

Matt.