[blfs-support] usb (?hotplug?) problem

lux-integ lux-integ at btconnect.com
Sun Aug 4 11:13:42 PDT 2013

On Sunday 04 August 2013 18:14:59 Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> When you plug in the usb stick, udev should create a device like
> /dev/sd?.  Does it do that for you.

no

on plugging a stick
IThe console shows a load of messages and  for example /dev/sdc
but  ls /dev does not show  /dev/sdc(1  etc)
and
/sbin/fdisk /dev/sdc -l
says no such device or some such

As I said I noticed the same behaviour using  eudev (fork of systemd ) and
systemd.  I have built lfs/clfs  many times but never say this behaviour
before.

I dont know if I failed to install something or its is a kernel problem or a
udev/systemd*  problem.  And in another email I mentioned the hanging  and
funky behavious on booting  before ther GPU drver is loaded.

#######
*on the same machine I have fedora18 ( all gui and pure systemd ) and there
trying to unmount a usb stick   sends the maching freezing  everytime!

####

thanks for your sugggestion and   others  fr are welcomed.