[blfs-support] Xorg-7.5-3 Errors

Paul Rogers paulgrogers at fastmail.fm
Sun Dec 30 10:11:50 PST 2012

Thanks for the info on Wirenet.  I have a tight client firewall.  One of
my meta-rules is that new connections are not alowed to anything but the
well-kown ports on the outside.

Now, back to my XOrg problem, after installing LFS-6.6 per the book, I
patched up to the last 2.6.39 kernel.  It lost floppy support, so I
needed the 39.4 patch.  This is still further than the latest stable
kernels.  I'm thinking of yanking out all the patches today and just
patching to the latest stable 2.6 kernel, 34.13.  Then retrying the
XOrg install with that kernel support.

My questions are: does anybody know of troubles with those latest "not
stable" kernels?  With the LFS-6.6 base, is it possible/advisable to
take a baby-step over the line and install an early 3.0 kernel?  (Would
that make further LFS updates easier?)
--
Paul Rogers
paulgrogers at fastmail.fm