[blfs-support] Generating the book

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL mengualjeanphi at free.fr
Sat Dec 29 18:50:56 PST 2012

Hi,

Thanks. You should add this package to those mentioned in INSTALL files of the book.
I don't know if it's this package which changed things or not, but now it works.
It's possible I also have now success because I created symlinks from /etc to
/usr/local/etc and /usr/local/share. I didn't think it was so hard to change
the prefix. But no problem, it works.

I mention also that the command:
install-catalog --add /etc/sgml/sgml-docbook-dtd-4.5.cat /etc/sgml/sgml-docbook.cat

doesn't work here, saying that file doesn't exist. I replace with:

install-catalog --add /etc/sgml/sgml-docbook-dtd-4.5.cat /etc/sgml/sgml-docbook-dtd-4.5.cat

About pdf, how things happen for circular dependency? And fop (really not
installable without X)?

Regards,