[blfs-support] Accessing Audio CDs

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sat Dec 15 03:30:17 PST 2012

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 10:10:56PM -0600, Bruce Dubbs wrote:

> Using xfce, I cannot get audacious, mplayer, or amarok to access an
> audio CD, although all three can play a track from the hard disk without
> problem.

 I only use Audacious (from icewm, with alsa audio), and it is
playing a CD at the moment.  I did get more error/warning dialogs
than when I open a radio station, but they seem harmless.

 1. just in case you are doing it differently, play a CD from the
Services menu.  This reports that it is scanning cdda:// so perhaps
it can be accessed there on the File menu.

 2. if you were already doing that,perhaps you are missing libcddb ?

As to dbus, on this box my startx (when running icewm) has only
exec icewm-session, no reference to dbus-launch.

ĸen