[blfs-support] Trouble with gnome-settings-daemon...

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sun Dec 2 15:36:59 PST 2012

On Sun, Dec 02, 2012 at 03:01:20PM -0800, Michael C. Robinson wrote:

> My gsettings-desktop-schemas is installed to a /usr/gnome prefix...

 If you set a PATH other than /usr, you need to tweak
PKG_CONFIG_PATH.  Personally, I think it is simpler to just install
in /usr, and to either rebuild the whole system when something major
(like gnome) gets upgraded, or to rebuild gnome3-latest over
gnome3-current, probably using a tty (it seems likely that a
graphical session will get trashed during an upgrade, in the same
way that *all* my graphical browsers get killed if I upgrade nss or
nspr when upgrading firefox).  But, your system, your rules.

ĸen