Flash Player on 64 bit linux - Firefox

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Thu Jan 6 22:51:24 PST 2011

On Thu, 2011-01-06 at 10:48 +0000, Mark Mark wrote:
> When executing the ldd libflashplayer.so , there is many libraries,
> but there is seven not found :
> libssl3.so
> libsmime3.so
> libnss3.so
> libnssutils3.so
> libplds4.so
> libplc4.so
> libnspr4.so
>
> I will try to install these libraries, and back to you if not
> found :)

If you have Firefox, then you have those libraries - they just in a
Firefox-specific directory under /usr/lib, which ldd isn't looking in.
Don't worry about it - they'll be available when libflashplayer.so is
loaded by Firefox...

Technically, they're provided by NSS and NSPR, but Firefox provides and
uses its own copies of those packages if not explicitly told to use
separate versions.

Simon.