Ghostscript and FreeType

Pol Vangheluwe pol.vangheluwe at belgacom.net
Wed Aug 17 04:08:45 PDT 2011

Op 15-aug-2011, om 12:54 heeft Simon Geard het volgende geschreven:

> On Mon, 2011-08-15 at 10:21 +0200, Pol Vangheluwe wrote:
>> So I think that I am now close to the solution?
>
> I don't really know, sorry. But the errors are linking-related, not
> compile, so the include directories *probably* aren't relevant. The
> message "undefined reference" suggests it can't find the .so file, but
> that seems unlikely if it's installed to /usr/lib...
>
> Simon.

Indeed, this is a linker problem and no compiler problem.
I found this about removed 'internals'  in FreeType that could explain the problem:
http://www.freetype.org/freetype2/freetype-2.2.0.html#fixes

Ghostscript indeed contains files that refer to these internals (e.g. ftheader.h), so I am afraid that the problem cannot be easily solved.
Unless using the Ghostscript internal version of FreeType…

pvg