modprobe.conf question

luxInteg lux-integ at btconnect.com
Fri Sep 10 12:19:34 PDT 2010

Greetings

in attempting to debug   lack-of-sound problems on a cblfs machine I have   I
came across this:-
( Then add the names of your sound card modules to:
File: /etc/modprobe.d/modprobe.conf (prior to module-init-tools 3.8, use
/etc/modprobe.conf)

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Advanced_Linux_Sound_Architecture )

I then duly noticed there was no /etc/modprobe.d/xxx  nor /etc/modprobe.conf
on  the machine. I thus recompiled/re-installed module-init-tools-3.11.1 with
the switch --sysconfdir=/etc  but it made no difference
though there is a modprobe.conf (in sgml) in the build tree

QUESTION:
Is there a lfs/clfs  modprobe.conf file  or should one just make one up?