libdrm-2.4.14 overwrites some drm linux-api-headers

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop73 at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 2 13:44:03 PST 2010

On 2 March 2010 20:59, John Burrell <john_burrell at hotmail.com> wrote:
> If installed as root, libdrm will overwrite these linux-api-headers from
> /usr/include/drm:
>
> test -z "/usr/include/drm" || /usr/lib/pkgusr/mkdir -p "/usr/include/drm"
>  /usr/lib/pkgusr/install -c -m 644 'drm.h' '/usr/include/drm/drm.h'
>
>  /usr/lib/pkgusr/install -c -m 644 'drm_mode.h'
> '/usr/include/drm/drm_mode.h'
[ snipped ]

> I used kernel 2.6.32.8 for the headers and they are different from those
> that libdrm is trying to install.
>
> I stopped libdrm replacing them but if one is installing as root, it is
> unlikely that the replacement will be noticed.  It would be a good idea to
> remove the relevant lines in the libdrm-2.4.14/shared-core/Makefile before
> the install.

 Usually, people use what the packages install.  In your case,
the pkgconfig files will show libdrm-2.4.14 but the headers will
not match.  I've no idea if that will cause problems in Mesa or
xorg-server.

 The idea that only the first package to write to a directory
should be allowed to update it does not match custom and
practice.

ĸen
--
After tragedy, and farce, "OMG poneys!"