Installing the Distro

Maginot Junior maginot.junior at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 04:03:48 PDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 8:09 PM, William Tracy <afishionado at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 6:06 PM, James Rhodes
> <jrhodes at roket-enterprises.com> wrote:
>> At least for me, most of the dislike for package management systems is the
>> fact that they're so hard to understand how they're storing all of their
>> information and organizing applications.  Neither Debian or RPM systems I've
>> seen offer an easy-to-understand package management system
>
> (Sorry to resurrect a dead thread.)
>
> You might want to take a peek at T2's packaging system:
> <http://t2-project.org/> Among other things, they have the interesting
> ability to automatically generate dependency trees by tracking what
> headers each program references at build time. Also their tools are
> 90% written in Bash for easy hacking. :-) (Though I'm sure some would
> argue that's a bad thing.)
>
> Actually, the original poster to this thread might be happier with T2
> than with LFS: T2 provides an installer, and lets you populate it with
> packages you build yourself.
>
> --
> William Tracy
> Work: wtracy at cisco.com
> Play: afishionado at gmail.com
> Cell phone: (805) 704-0917
> Internet phone: (707) 206-6441
> --

Hey, thanks. I will take a look for more details, at this moment the
installer I made is working pretty good, does't have to much option,
but can do the job without problem.

Best regards
PS: I was thinking about implementing some packman on my distro, so
maybe T2 can be of a good help =)

---
Maginot Jr.