shareable distro?

Johnneylee Rollins johnneylee.rollins at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 21:36:29 PST 2010

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 9:33 PM, Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> wrote:
> Johnneylee Rollins wrote:
>> Hey, I was just wondering if it was possible to use LFS to make my own
>> shareable linux distro.
>
> Yes.
>
>> If so, how would I do that?
>
> Build what you want.
I already have my build. My question is, is it possible to share it
without anything breaking?

>> And also, what goes into a livecd or install cd?
>
> Your distro, your rules.
That isn't my problem, it's how to make it work across more than just
that set of hardware.

> Actually LFS doesn't distribute any code per se.  It's all open source.
>  We do have some boot scripts, but they are freely copyable.
>
> Read the licenses.
I already know free as in beer
Do I need anything besides the usual bootscripts and whatnot? Is the
LFS system I've built something I can move from my desktop to a laptop
and share it to other users?