bug in man-docs-compression script

Slava Grig armagvvg at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 02:24:21 PST 2010

Good day!

There is a usefull script in chapter 3 for compressing manual pages.
In the last version (20080421) new feature for automatic compressor
selection was added. Unfortunately the script has one bug in the
feature implementation.

I have two manual pages. The second page is the soft link to the fist
one. Firstly script handles the file and changes its extension
(suffix). After that, when it finds a link, it can't determine correct
size of the target file due to the last one was changed. I think, the
"--automatic" statement should try to find target file even with
changed extension. I added my patch for this to the e-mail.

Best regards,
   Slav Grig.