Xorg desktop viewed through fog ?

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop73 at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 10 16:37:29 PST 2010

2010/1/10 Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com>:

> What are you doing?  If it's xorg -config  <fn>, did you add the -retro
> flag?

 N/A - I've got standard xorg.conf files for each of my desktops.
I never got on with twm, so I build fluxbox as minitial wm.
Interestingly, I'm now back in the new desktop after
building firefox and icewm - still horribly foggy, except that
the cursors (red arrow, I think is the theme) are nice and bold.

> What driver are you using?

radeon (an old 9200se)  Sorry, should have mentioned that
but remembered after I'd gone back to a console to progress
the build.  Driver is xf86-video-ati-6.12.4

> What does the Device portion of xorg.conf look like?
>
>   -- Bruce

Hope this is the right part I'm pasting - all the options
are commented out.

        Identifier  "Card0"
        Driver      "ati"
        VendorName  "ATI Technologies Inc"
        BoardName   "RV280 [Radeon 9200 SE]"
        BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"
EndSection

Also forgot to mention that this is a TFT monitor.

Will try running xorg -config in case my xorg.conf
is too old.

ĸen
--
After tragedy, and farce, "OMG poneys!"