Session bus not starting on new LFS

linux fan linuxscratch at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 06:09:14 PST 2010

On 1/2/10, Simon Geard wrote:

> So, there's probably an XML file somewhere containing that invalid
> element. What does the following command show on your system?
>
> fgrep servicedir -r /etc/dbus-1
>
> Simon.

<servicedir>/usr/local/share/dbus-1/services</servicedir>

is in that file: /etc/dbus-1/session-local.conf that is created under
configuration information that I said the book should warn you not to
create unless you know what you are doing.

The way it reads, it is easy to think that you should create it in
case something might need it. After 3 or 4 installs where I had to
delete it, I finally stopped creating it.