MPlayer - [vo_ivtv.o] Error 1 [libvo/libvo.a] Error 2

rhubarbpie at poetworld.net rhubarbpie at poetworld.net
Tue Aug 24 15:12:18 PDT 2010


On 24/08/10 15:15, rhubarbpie at poetworld.net wrote:
>> I used matched LFS&   BLFS 6.3 and always used matched versions when they
>> were available. The preceding errors are:
>>
>> vo_ivtv.c: In function 'ivtv_reset':
>> vo_ivtv.c:79: error: storage size of 'sd' isn't known
>> vo_ivtv.c:80: error: storage size of 'sd1' isn't known
>> vo_ivtv.c:85: error: 'IVTV_ IOC_STOP_DECODE' undeclared (first use in
>> function)
>> vo_ivtv.c:85: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
>> vo_ivtv.c:85: error: for each function is appears in.)
>> vo_ivtv.c:95: error: 'IVTV_IOC_STOP_DECODE' undeclared (first use in
>> this function)
>>
>> However, I'm confused. The error occurs on my screen with "make
>> install." Should I have used something similar to "make install | tee
>> LogFile.txt>2&1" to trap the error? If I do so, LogFile.txt is
>> extensive, but omits those lines. What have I done wrong in trapping the
>> error to text?
>>
>>      
> I don't know, I don't use tee, I just dump it all to a log file and look
> at it later if I need to. Try:
>
> make install&>  LogFile.txt
>
> A google search for "error: 'IVTV_ IOC_STOP_DECODE' undeclared" gets no
> results, which suggests that you've done something creative and unusual.
> You might have better luck if you try a more recent version of mplayer.
> Current svn compiles for me on both i686 and x86_64 (though it seems
> more buggy on i686).
>
> Andy
>    

Thank you for responding.  I probably should have been clearer in that I 
successfully switched to MPlayer-1.0rc3 as was suggested.  I can compile 
and run MPlayer.

You're very probably correct that I've done something creative and 
unusual (welcome to my life).  I'll try your syntax on the old problem 
to see if it catches the errors.



More information about the blfs-support mailing list