MPlayer - [vo_ivtv.o] Error 1 [libvo/libvo.a] Error 2

Andrew Benton b3nton at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 07:55:51 PDT 2010

On 24/08/10 15:15, rhubarbpie at poetworld.net wrote:
> I used matched LFS&  BLFS 6.3 and always used matched versions when they
> were available. The preceding errors are:
>
> vo_ivtv.c: In function 'ivtv_reset':
> vo_ivtv.c:79: error: storage size of 'sd' isn't known
> vo_ivtv.c:80: error: storage size of 'sd1' isn't known
> vo_ivtv.c:85: error: 'IVTV_ IOC_STOP_DECODE' undeclared (first use in
> function)
> vo_ivtv.c:85: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> vo_ivtv.c:85: error: for each function is appears in.)
> vo_ivtv.c:95: error: 'IVTV_IOC_STOP_DECODE' undeclared (first use in
> this function)
>
> However, I'm confused. The error occurs on my screen with "make
> install." Should I have used something similar to "make install | tee
> LogFile.txt>2&1" to trap the error? If I do so, LogFile.txt is
> extensive, but omits those lines. What have I done wrong in trapping the
> error to text?

I don't know, I don't use tee, I just dump it all to a log file and look
at it later if I need to. Try:

make install &> LogFile.txt

A google search for "error: 'IVTV_ IOC_STOP_DECODE' undeclared" gets no
results, which suggests that you've done something creative and unusual.
You might have better luck if you try a more recent version of mplayer.
Current svn compiles for me on both i686 and x86_64 (though it seems
more buggy on i686).

Andy