Webkit-gtk and make-3.82

Gabe Yoder gabe.yoder at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 17:11:59 PDT 2010

> However, if I run make again, the build succeeds. This makes me think
> it's some kind of race condition involving make-3.82. I have my build
> scripts set to exit on any error so to work around this I have to:
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr
> make -j4 || true
> make -j4

I've seen this sort of thing with several packages when building with multiple
threads.  I'm pretty sure it's just a matter of the generated makefiles
getting lazy with listing the dependencies (so it thinks there are some things
it can do in parallel that it really can't).  I just keep track of the
troublemaker packages and build them with -j1, and they build on the first
try.