query on tex;live-2009

William Immendorf will.immendorf at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 13:09:02 PDT 2010

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 6:39 AM, luxInteg <lux-integ at btconnect.com> wrote:
> I am planning to have a go at building tex on a lfs/cblfs setup.  I noticed
> that  blfs still has
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/pst/tetex.html  which is now
> classed as unsupported and replaced by texlive:-
> http://cblfs.cross-lfs.org/index.php/TeXLive.  However texlive-20080822-
> texmf.tar.lzma referred to in the  latter link
> has now been superceded by texlive-20091107-source.tar.xz.  And not only are
> the tarballs different but the build requirements  and procedures appear to be
> different also.   Googling I found this:-  http://osdir.com/ml/blfs-
> dev/2010-03/msg00004.html
>
> So I was wondering if Senior  Randy McMurchy  and anyone on list  who has
> dabbled with texlive-2009    could offer some advice
Try looking at the ticket for Texlive:
http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/ticket/2480

Specifally, Randy's notes, and my notes as well. They are very helpful.

Also, to build XZ Utils, use the BLFS Wiki page:

http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/wiki/LZMAUtils

--
William Immendorf
The ultimate in free computing.