Auto mounting USB thumb drives and CD/DVD

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Mon Apr 12 01:39:55 PDT 2010

On Sun, 2010-04-11 at 12:31 +0100, Andrew Benton wrote:
> How do you compile gnome-volume-manager without HAL?

You don't. G-V-M has been obsolete for a few years, even before the
deprecation of HAL - from memory, gnome-mount was it's replacement.
Under newer Gnome, I think the function is provided by either nautilus,
or gnome-disk-utility - I'm not sure which.

Confusing, I know, but things seem to be settling down again now...
they've worked out what works and what doesn't, albeit learning it the
hard way...

Simon.