Auto mounting USB thumb drives and CD/DVD

stosss stosss at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 17:47:02 PDT 2010

On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 12:05 PM, Baho Utot <baho-utot at columbus.rr.com> wrote:

> What do I need to enable regular users to auto mount DVD/CD and USB drives?
>
> I have HAL installed. Do I need any other packages?
>
> I would like CD/DVD/USB drives when inserted to automount like my
> slackware 12.2 does. An Icon apperars and it opens a konqueror file
> manager window.

In my other post I was referring to /etc/fstab

Do you have your CDROM set up similar to this? The key piece is user.

/dev/cdrom    /mnt/cdrom   auto   noauto,ro,user        0  0

and is your user part of the CDROM group?

Instructions on how to do this is found with Google. There are a lot
of sites with a lot more information about this.

If you want to find a problem start at the beginning and work your way
to the end.

--
If we can but prevent the government from wasting the labours of the
people, under the pretence of taking care of them, they must become