network manager config

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Fri Apr 9 02:47:08 PDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-04-08 at 18:12 -0500, Dale Stein wrote:
> Hi, I was building NetworkManager-0.8 and one of the config options
> which apparently is required
>
> is the --with-distro=   It builds just fine with Debian as the distro.
> What distro would lfs be closest to?
> Thanks!

I use Redhat, but it doesn't really matter much. The choice mostly
determines which 'native' network configuration scripts NM can work
with, and since the LFS ones aren't supported by any regular distro,
it's irrelevant.

No real loss, either - if you're deliberately installing NM, you
probably don't care about the stuff in /etc/sysconfig/network-devices...
Simon.