GLibc-2.11.1

Andrew Benton b3nton at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 05:30:57 PDT 2010

On 05/04/10 03:40, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> I made the error of updating my GLibc to 2.11.1 and my GCC to 4.4.3 and
> all HELL (DLL HELL that is) has broken loose. :-(
>
> The major problem appears to be with various "locale" objects in the
> headers for GLibc and possibly in the headers for LibStdC++-4.4.3.
>
> Do we, I hope, have a patch in the works for this problem, or it it
> possible that down grading to GCC-4.4.1 would improve the problem (I
> consider this to be very low probability unless there is a specific
> regression).

I would suggest that you start again from the beginning. Even if you do somehow
get your system functional again, there's no way of knowing what else is broken
and you just haven't found that brokenness yet. Everytime something doesn't work
you'll be thinking "Is that because I tried to reinstall glibc?"
Just start again and don't try and reinstall glibc again - it never makes anything
better.

Andy