missing libglx

nettxzl nettxzl at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 08:57:31 PDT 2008

Hi,

I've got the X server (Xorg-7.2) up and running, but it doesn't find
glx. From Xorg.0.log:

Warning, couldn't open module glx
Failed to load module "glx" (module does not exist, 0)

I think when I compiled and installed xorg-server-1.2.0, the glx
module was not built. I looked in the /usr/lib/X11/modules/extensions
directory and all the other modules like libdbe, libextmod and so on
are there, but no libglx.

The glx build is enabled by default so I don't understand why it
wasn't built (I did install Mesa beforehand). How can I get it to
build?

Toni