seamonkey/firefox compile errors

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Tue Jan 22 07:00:00 PST 2008

On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 08:53:20PM -0600, Arnie Stender wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>     Well I am almost to the point where I can boot into my new [C]BLFS
> workstation and continue compiling the rest of the packages I need with
> all the tools I need while doing it. The two last pieces are Firefox and
> Thunderbird. I tried compiling Seamonkey but got errors that looked a
> lot like these. I decided to try the standalone applications instead of
> struggling with Seamonkey. These errors look vaguely familiar but I
> can't remember where I saw them or what I did about them. If someone
> could give me a clue I would appreciate it.
>
> Arnie
>
> c++ -o nsWindow.o -c -I../../../dist/include/system_wrappers -include
 and later
>I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include

 Hi Arnie,

 I thought you were on multilib ?  Is this intended to be a 64-bit
compile ?

 I only build firefox as 32-bit, and my logs have 'g++ -m32' instead
of 'c++'.  But, I diffed /usr/lib/glib-2.0/include/glibconf.h and
the values are quite different.

 I think you are mixing some 32-bit headers with a 64-bit system,
and -Werror then flags the warnings as errors.

ĸen