problem patching QT3 package

Arnie Stender astender at aagstender.org
Sat Jan 19 15:08:49 PST 2008

Ag. D. Hatzimanikas wrote:
>> Excellent! That does give me the file format in the status line. I may
>> have been dreaming or maybe it is just my failing memory but I could
>> have sworn I remembered that along with that I saw a trailing '^M' on
>> the lines of the DOS format file I was editing. The way I remember it
>> that made it very easy to just go to the end of each line and delete the
>> CR. At least this does give me a heads up that I need to watch what I'm
>> doing and fix things as necessary. Thanks a bunch.
>>

> Generally in vim, the best and easiest solution to fix the line endings is by just
> setting the 'fileformat' to unix,
>
> :set ff=unix
>
> if you want to do it in a more interactive way, you can do something like,
>
> :set list
> :%s/^V^M//gc
>
> (where ^V^M is CTRL-V and CTRL-M)

Once again I say thanks. That is not what I remember but if it works
I'll use it. I didn't know you could run SED like commands from within
VIM. Great information. Maybe I ought to take the time to read all the
documentation so I can find out the rest of what I don't know about VIM.
;-) Thanks again.

Arnie